Archetypal Yoga Therapy - 11/1, 11/ 7, 11/8, 12/5, 12/6, 8 to 6 pm PST
Prerequisites: RYT200 or Equivalent Experience
This 45-hour training offers a comprehensive eight-limb approach to yoga therapy focusing on lunar archetypes and practices. It provides therapeutic strategies and skills to implement individualized and group yoga therapy plans using the lunation cycle as a model for health and wellness. Students will be evaluated based on participation and completion of homework assignments .
The workshop includes lecture, asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha, mantra, affirmations, yoga nidra and yantra meditation.
• How to choose specific mantra, pranayama and mudra practices within a therapeutic setting for mood management
• How to guide/teach an individual and group asana class with archetypal awareness
• How to use Pawanmuktasana I, 2 and 3 (Joint Freeing Series as taught by the Bihar School, Satyananda Lineage) as an assessment tool
• How to use the lunation cycle as a guide when choosing brahmana vs langhana asanas
• How to use journaling in and after asana as a therapeutic tool
• How and when to teach fast and slow Chandra Namaskar (Moon Salutations) with affirmations, mantras and chakral awareness.
• How to develop personalized Guided Imagery in a Yoga Therapy Session based on archetypal awareness and the lunation cycle.
• How to develop personalized Yoga Nidras based on archetypal awareness and the lunation cycle
• Tantric Philosophy focusing on the Kali and Lalita Nityas, the moon goddesses which correspond to each night of the lunar calendar