Trauma Informed Yoga, December 13th, 8 am to 4:30 pm PST/ 11 am to 7:30 pm (Live on Zoom)
A 10-hour intensive focused on trauma informed yoga.
December 13th, 8 am to 11:15 am and 12:15 to 3:30 pm LIVE on Zoom (Recording Available)
4 hours on Teachable At Your Own Pace
These sessions will be highly influenced by the work of Bessel van der Kolk, M.D., Dr. Joy DeGruy, Rick and Mary Nurrie Stearns, and David Emerson.
Workshop topics include:
- Understanding the major types of trauma (sexual assault, child maltreatment, domestic violence, war-related trauma, racial trauma, school/community violence, medical trauma, traumatic loss & natural disasters)
- Why is yoga effective for the treatment of trauma.
- Presentation of research on trauma informed/sensitive yoga.
- Exploration of communication skills needed for an effective trauma informed/sensitive yoga class.
- Discussion of group dynamics of trauma informed yoga class.
- Establishment of priorities and boundaries in a trauma informed/sensitive class.
- Discussion of what kinds of assists and cueing are appropriate in a trauma informed/sensitive class.
1 Need Based and 1 BI-POC Scholarship Available.
10 Yoga Alliances CEUs
10 Hours Toward 200 and 300 Hour Teacher Training