Yogic Strategies for Anxiety Management - November 21st, 8 am to 5:30 pm PST
1 BIPOC and 1 Need Based Scholarship Available
Anxiety is a beast. It can range from slight and temporary to downright debilitating. There’s almost no one who’s not affected at some level. Luckily, yoga provides many tools for you to offer your students (and yourself!).
In this class, we’ll cover:
- Anxiety: the symptoms & experience
- Fight or Flight response: the physiological impact, what the body is doing
- Pranayama: the best breathing practices for calming anxiety, and different ways to use them
- Meditation: ways meditation can help reduce and even prevent anxiety, ways to offer meditation to your students
- Asana: postures and sequences that can help soothe and prevent anxiety
- Mantra: how to incorporate mantra or chanting into an anxiety-reducing practice
We’ll have time for discussion and exploration of the concepts and content, as well as time to practice on each other and to brainstorm some creative ways to offer the tools discussed. Please bring a notebook and a pen and be prepared for some physical practice.