Brain Yoga: Tools and Techniques for Alzheimer's and Dementia Prevention with Zee and Nya - August 29th - 8 am to 7:30 pm PDT
8 am to 7:30 pm PDT
Early Bird Price: $100 when registering before or on August 22nd
Regular Price: $175 on or after August 23rd
10 hours Yoga Alliance CEUs
10 hours toward the Art of Yoga 200 and 300-hour Teacher Training
1 Need-Based and 1 BIPOC Scholarship Available
This workshop provides a comprehensive exploration of brain health and longevity. We will explore the biological and psychological mechanisms of yoga and meditation as evidence-based non-pharmacological approaches to the prevention of Alzheimer’s and Dementia. We will teach evidence-based yoga and meditation practices to implement when working with groups and/or individuals. In addition, we will breakdown the 4 Pillars of Brain Longevity as taught by the Alzheimer's Research and Prevention Foundation: Diet & Supplements, Stress Management, Exercise, and Spiritual Fitness.
1. Alzheimer’s and Dementia Prevention Overview
2. Risk Factors for Alzheimer's and Dementia
3. The 4 Pillars of a Healthy Brain
4. Evidence-Based Yoga Asana and Pranayama Practices for Alzheimer's and Dementia Prevention
5. Evidence-Based Meditation Practices for Alzheimer's and Dementia Prevention
6. Health, Wellness and Brain Longevity
This program will be recorded if you can't attend but it will be most beneficial if it is taken Live. The course must be taken Live to count toward Art of Yoga 200 and 300-hour Teacher Trainings.
Zee Cruise and Nya Patrinos are certified in Brain Longevity by the Alzheimer's Research and Prevention Association