Cancer and Autoimmune Diseases - 50 hour Therapeutic Yoga Teacher Training - January 17th, 24th, and February 7th - 8 am to 5:30 pm PST
PLEASE DON'T PAY HERE
Need Based and BI-POC Scholarships Available
50 Yoga Alliance CEUs
This training presents evidence-based practices that address Cancer and Autoimmune Dysfunction. We will provide the therapeutic essentials for working with the specific needs and challenges of cancer patients, survivors and people with autoimmune dysfunction. Through lectures, demonstrations, discussions, reading, writing assignments, practice-teaching, individualized feedback, and practicum (in your own community) you will learn:
- Why Yoga is effective for people with Cancer and Autoimmune Dysfunction
- What is Cancer, how it is treated, and what are the side effects
- How and why Yoga supports the immune system
- Appropriate and inappropriate poses for Cancer patients and survivors
- How and why Yoga can be used for prevention
- How to teach a group session for people with Cancer and/or Autoimmune Dysfunction
- How to teach a private session for people with Cancer and/or Autoimmune Dysfunction
- How to work with people after the learn they have Cancer and/or Autoimmune Dysfunction
- How to work with people during chemo/radiation or other procedures
- How to work with people post chemo/radiation or other procedures
- How to work with people in remission
- Diet and nutrition for prevention, remission and during hospitalization
- Yoga practices focused on specific types of Cancer and Autoimmune Dysfunction
24 hours Live on Zoom
10 hour Mentored Practicum
16 hours At Your Own Pace eCourse
Upon completion of the course students will be certified as a Yoga for Cancer and Autoimmune Dysfunction Specialist.
ABOUT YOUR GUIDES
Alpa Raval is a healing arts specialist at the Integrative Medicine Department at University of Florida Cancer Center at Orlando Health. She is an experienced Yoga Teacher with a demonstrated history of working in the higher education industry. Alpa is highly skilled in Wellness Coaching, Yoga Advocacy, Public Speaking, and Stress Management.
Ms. Raval has a Master’s Degree in Yoga Healing Arts and Meditation. She also holds advanced level certification from Kripalu's School of Integrative Yoga Therapy, Alpa has taught Yoga as a professor at University of Central Florida, and has held Yoga Therapy workshops, as well as taught Yoga to caregivers and medical professionals.
Ms. Raval represents her Asian community by serving as a member of the Board of Directors at the Asian American Chamber of Commerce of Central Florida. In addition, Alpa volunteers at United Against Poverty Center in Orlando and teaches Emotional Intelligence through Yoga and Mindful Meditation as part of their Success Training Employment Program (STEP).
Nya Patrinos is a Certified Yoga Therapist trained in Yoga protocols for Cancer under Nischala Joy Devi and Muktamala Mitra. She has a certificate in Yoga Therapy from Kripalu School of Yoga Therapy and a diploma in Yoga Therapy from the Ghosh College in Kolkata.
This training counts as 50-hours toward Art of Yoga: Therapeutic Essentials 300-hour Teacher Training