Archetypal Yoga Therapy - 10/31, 11/1, 11/7, 11/8 & 12/6
Saturdays: 8 to 6:00 pm PST (18 hours) - Live on Zoom
Sundays: 9:30 to 4:30 pm PST (18 hours) - Live on Zoom
9 hours Online Asynchronistic Learning
Classes will be recorded in case you can not attend a session.
This 45-hour training offers a comprehensive eight-limb approach to yoga therapy focusing on lunar archetypes and practices. It provides therapeutic strategies and skills to implement individualized and group yoga therapy plans using the lunation cycle as a model for health and wellness. Students will be evaluated based on participation and completion of homework assignments .
The workshop includes lecture, asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha, mantra, affirmations, yoga nidra and yantra meditation.
• How to choose specific mantra, pranayama and mudra practices within a therapeutic setting for mood management
• How to guide/teach an individual and group asana class with archetypal awareness
• How to use Pawanmuktasana I, 2 and 3 (Joint Freeing Series as taught by the Bihar School, Satyananda Lineage) as an assessment tool
• How to use the lunation cycle as a guide when choosing brahmana vs langhana asanas
• How to use journaling in and after asana as a therapeutic tool
• How and when to teach fast and slow Chandra Namaskar (Moon Salutations) with affirmations, mantras and chakral awareness.
• How to develop personalized Guided Imagery in a Yoga Therapy Session based on archetypal awareness and the lunation cycle.
• How to develop personalized Yoga Nidras based on archetypal awareness and the lunation cycle
• Tantric Philosophy focusing on the Kali and Lalita Nityas, the moon goddesses which correspond to each night of the lunar calendar
At the end of the training you will be certified as an Archetypal Yoga Specialist