Face Yoga with Spela and Nya - August 22nd, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm PDT (Live on Zoom)
$30 if you sign up before or on August 15th
$45 if you sign up on or after August 16th
1 Need Based and 1 BIPOC Scholarship Available
There are 43 muscles in the face, most of which are controlled by the seventh cranial nerve (also known as the facial nerve). Even if you work out regularly you could be neglecting these muscles. Face Yoga is a comprehensive system to release facial tension, reduce neck and eye strain, tone the eyes-neck-checks-jaw, and enhance your overall natural beauty.
This workshop will provide these yogic tools:
- Awareness of the main facial muscles, their importance for appearance, the condition of internal organs and glands
- 7 exercises for establishing facial shape and activating glands, including the thyroid gland
- 3 exercises for regeneration and relaxation of the jaw joint
- Why it is important to strengthen the face
- Breathing practices to support facial yoga
- The types of training that will be most effective for your face
- How to notice your current facial condition and which muscles are necessary to train more intensively
- The most important acupressure points on the face and body that increase the effects of facial yoga,
- How to develop a 15-minute workout regime to notice and feel the difference in your face and enhance entire well-being.
3 Yoga Alliance CEUs
3 Hours toward Art of Yoga 300-hour At Your Own Pace Yoga Teacher Training
3 Hours toward Art of Yoga 200-hour At Your Own Pace Yoga Teacher Training.
This workshop will be recorded if you cannot attend Live. Live attendance is required to count toward Art of Yoga Teacher Traiinng,
Spela Palcic is a muti-lingual Yoga Instructor based in Ljubljana, Slovenia. She is the owner of HOT YOGA – Slovenija and is certified in Face Yoga, Hot Yoga and Yin.
Nya Patrinos, MFA, C-IAYT, E-RYT500, YACEP, is a Certified Yoga Therapist passionate about yoga, art and meditation as tools for healing, transformation, equity and social justice. Nya's training is a combination of East and West, she has diplomas in Yoga Therapy from the Ghosh Yoga College in Kolkata, India and Kripalu's School of Integrative Yoga Therapy in Massachusetts, USA.