Yogic Strategies for Emotional Resilience with Nya - November 14th, 8 am to 3:30 pm PST/ 11 am to 6:30 pm EST
A 10-hour intensive focused on trauma informed yoga.
Nov 14th, 8 am to 11:15 am and 12:15 to 3:30 pm PST - LIVE on Zoom (Recording Available)
4 hours on Teachable At Your Own Pace
This workshop will teach yoga and meditation techniques that foster resilience and stress hardiness. Participants will gain an understanding of the impact of yoga and meditation on the nervous system, discuss current research on the efficacy of yoga based practices, and experience practical applications of these mind-body-spirit interventions.
The workshop will focus on:
- Understanding what is emotional resilience.
- How to build and increase resilience using the 8 limbs of yoga.
- Yogic insights on resilience, equanimity, samatvam and upeksha.
- How to measure resilience in a yogic context.
- How to foster a client/student's lotus potential.
- Remembering the True Self.
- Developing a sankalpa as a yoga teacher for fostering resilience.
- Resilience and the Panchakosha System.
- Resilience and the Gunas and Polyvagal Theory.
- Resilience and the Yamas and the Niyamas.
- Building a Safe Container for the Experience of Yoga in the Individual or Group Setting.
- Yogic tools for cultivating safety.
These sessions will be highly influenced by the works of Dr. Bessel van der Kolk, Amy Weintraub, Rick and Mary Nurrie Stearns, and Dr. Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani,
1 Need Based and 1 BI-POC Scholarship Available.
10 Yoga Alliances CEUs
10 Hours Toward 200 and 300 Hour Teacher Training