Trauma Informed Yoga eCourse
A 20-hour intensive focused on trauma informed yoga. This eCourse will be highly influenced by the work of Bessel van der Kolk, M.D., Dr. Joy DeGruy, Rick and Mary Nurrie Stearns, and David Emerson.
- Understanding the major types of trauma (sexual assault, child maltreatment, domestic violence, war-related trauma, racial trauma, school/community violence, medical trauma, traumatic loss & natural disasters)
- Why is yoga effective for the treatment of trauma.
- Presentation of research on trauma informed/sensitive yoga.
- Exploration of communication skills needed for an effective trauma informed/sensitive yoga class.
- Discussion of group dynamics of trauma informed yoga class.
- Establishment of priorities and boundaries in a trauma informed/sensitive class.
- Discussion of what kinds of assists and cueing are appropriate in a trauma informed/sensitive class.